It’s been a month since I left TCE, my college, and already I am missing a lot from that life like:
1. UNIX Lab at CSE Department. Sitting and working there forever for long duration on weekdays, weekends, nights and the amount of learning that I did at the lab made me what I am and the chill AC that always makes me want to stay there on and on.
2. Yeah my small friends’ circle. I do miss them too much to express in words.
3. Hostel life – the comfort in the shabby room, sleeping and waking up at odd hours, competing with Raju on who wakes up late, skipping food, eating the sub-standard food and complaining about it with friends, cursing the warden and hostel management about how they are swindling money and doing nothing for the students’ welfare.
4. Lying on my bed like a L and working on and on forever with my laptop on my lap.
5. Responsibility as student server admin.
7. Hacking around with computers and downloading loads and loads of stuff through the college Internet. 😉
8. Troubling Bala anna on chat and pestering him for some help or ?????? ???.
9. Relishing the role of only person at TCE who sends emails to mailing lists regularly and follows up and a lot of times gets a lot of snub.
10. Sitting and talking with G.R. Karthik and Varadharajan, giving them advice, helping them and at times scolding them. 😉
11. My 105 machine and fighting with hostel wifi to get connected and access the internet and all the associated mischief .:-P
12. Not preparing for the exam on the night before the exam and sleeping early with the intention of waking up early and studying, but waking up late the next day and facing the exams after studying nothing.
and much more. I miss the life I had lived at TCE for the four years, but life has to move on and there is nothing that can be done about that. So just looking with guarded optimism at the life ahead.